Alumni Talk Held on 21/11/18
1. Expert Detail
Name: Mr. Ram Mahajan
Designation : ASM
Organization: Berger Paints Pvt. Ltd.
2. Brief details of the event highlights: Alumni talk by Mr. Ram, from Batch 2011 – 13 regarding career prospects and challenges in marketing
3. Response of the audience/ learning for the students: Students were apprised on how to cope with the sales pressure and how to handle the marketing activities in the corporate world.
4. Faculty Coordinator Name: Ms. Charu Mehan
5. Number of participants (student & Faculty):40
6. Learning Outcomes
- How the paint industry works
- Major players in paint industry
- How to excel in marketing
- Strategies to be adopted to excel in corporate sector
7. Expert Narration: Mr. Ram,alumni from MBA Batch 2011-13 and currently working with Berger Paints held a session, discussing key areas and strategies in the field of marketing. He shared that coming back to the college he passed out from as an expert speaker is indeed a great feeling. He recalled how he used to study in same room where he today was standing as a guest speaker and how he started his corporate journey from Nerolac Paints and presently as an ASM with Berger Paints. Coming from a family of entrepreneurs he never thought he would join the corporate world.
He gives the credit to CGC for encouraging him to do so. After that he spoke about that challenges in the area of sales and marketing. He told that marketing is not about giving false hopes but it’s all about to present true picture and selling the right product to right person at the right time.
He clarified that generally student’s have misconception marketing being a door to door selling however it is delivering a service or product to right person at the appropriate time.
The key points for a successful marketing person are loyalty, patience and hard work. Marketing is a process which starts with arising , fulfilling and delivering the need. The consumer is the king and being marketing professional it of utmost importance to develop a social bond with all the customers.
Later on he briefed the students about Berger. He explained them about working and dealing of Berger with its dealers and associates. The company stood at first position in UP and third in Tricity.
The talk ended with vote of thanks by Dr. Vishal B. Soni, Director CBSA and guest speaker was felicitated by Memento from Dr. Soni and Dr. Sunayna.