Awareness Camp on Women Hygiene on1st November, 2018
Street Play by MBA girl students at Village Sneta near Landran
1. Brief details of the event highlights:The main focus of activity was to create awareness among women related to Hygiene. As even today girls and women feel shy to talk on this topic and
discuss their problems. There are so many myths prevailing in society on this issue even today women feel ashamed of discussing it openly. During this activity,a team of 15 Girls and faculty went to village and performed a street play based on theme. The play involved natural biologcal changes which occur in every girl’s life and how they shy away from it. Through enactment they were shown real life situations. One of student acted as teacher who described the whole mensuration cycle and importance of cleanliness. At the end of the act packets of sanitary napkins were distributed among women and young girls. Young girls discussed their regular problems with students and thanked CBSA for such an awareness campaign. A special thanks was given by wife of the Sarpanch and she requested CGC management to organize more of such activities for
villagers in near future as well.
2. Audience:Village women and young girls.
3. Faculty Coordinator: Parinita Malhotra.
4. Number of participants (Student & Faculty):15 girl students +1 Faculty.
5. Learning Outcomes: Awareness among women related to hygiene. The students felt they made a good contribution through this activity and lived up to the theme of “Experience the Joy of Giving”.
6. Expert Narration (Minimum 500 word):We all know how great it feels to receive gifts. However, the joy of receiving is short-lived. Our lives are richer when we share, and that great inner joy comes from helping others to live better lives. Truly giving from the heart fills ones life with joy and nourishes the soul. Giving provides an intrinsic reward that’s far more valuable than the gift. As Mahatma Gandhi said, “To find yourself, lose yourself in the service of others.”