Banking and Finance Congress 2019
Date: 22nd-23rd January, 2019
1. The list of eminent experts:
|1||Dr. S. K. Dhamija||Dean Academics and International Affairs||NITTTR, Chandigarh|
|2||Mr. Jubin Mehta||AGM||SEBI|
|3||Mr. Shirish Mudgal||Senior Manger Market Development||Business Standards Pvt. Ltd|
|4||Mr. Vikas Sofat||VP & State Head||DCB Bank|
|5||Mr. Rajneesh Sood||AVP||Axis Bank|
|6||Mr. Amanjot Singh||AVP||Bandhan Bank|
|7||Mr. Dinesh Seth||Sr. VP||HDFC Bank|
|8||Mr. Jatinder Kumar||Chief ManagerTraining||SBI|
2. Brief details of the event highlights:
CBSA organized a two day “Banking and Finance Congress” on 22nd & 23rd Jan 2019. This congress was divided into two phases.
Phase-I Presentations on different areas related to Banking & Finance on 22nd January 2019:
Phase-I of the Banking and Finance congress started with lamp lighting followed by a presentation on different topics related to Banking & Finance like Demonetization, Cryptocurrency, and Digitalization in banking, etc. by 42 teams of students from MBA, BBA, B.Com & M.Com Departments. The winning teams were awarded certificates and medals.
Phase-II Experts session: phase two of the event commenced with electrifying speakers from Banking & Finance Industry. The Guest of Honor “Dr. S.K. Dhameja-Dean- Academics & International Affairs- NITTTR, Chandigarh extended the keynote address to the audience to acquaint them about the emerging trends in the Finance industry and the business world.
Another eminent personality Mr. Vikas Sofat spoke about varied aspects of NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company). Mr. Dinesh Seth-Sr.V.P.- HDFC Bank Ltd. Shared his thought on the Impact of Digital Banking and future of Indian Banking Industry. Another expert from the banking sector who graced the event was Mr. Jitendar Kumar-Chief Manager-SBI, He made the audience aware of the role of Artificial Intelligence in Banking and Finance. Mr. Rajneesh Sood-DVP Axis Bank discussed Net banking. Another Expert, Mr. Amanjot Singh-AVP-Bandhan Bank gave insight on Cryptocurrency and Bitcoins. Mr. Jubin Mehta-AGM SEBI was another personality who engaged the audience with practical implications of the Finance Sector. Last but not the least Mr. Shrish Mudgal-Sr. Mgr Business Standard threw light on real-time Management skills & inculcating newspaper reading habits.
3. The response of the audience/ learning for the students: Audience found it very engaging and upgrading knowledge on banking and finance industry.
4. Faculty Coordinator Name Mobile & Email ID: Ruby Sharma, email@example.com
5. Number of participants (student & Faculty): 126 participants and 4 faculty coordinators
6. Learning Outcomes :
- Students got an insight into emerging trends in the banking and finance industry.
- Students were made aware of concepts of artificial intelligence, digitalization, and future of the banking industry in India.
- Students got a fair idea, about payment avenues and e-wallets.