Case Study of Interpersonal & Intrapersonal Conflicts
Date: 26th February, 2019
1. Expert Detail: Name: Lt. General Jagbir Singh Cheema (Rtd.)
Designation : Deputy Chief of the Army Staffing
Organization: PVSM, AVSM, VSM, An Alumnus of National Defence Academy
Total Experience : More than 42 years
2. Faculty Coordinator: Ms. Seema Saini
3. Number of Participants (105 students)
4. Brief Profile of Expert : Lt. General Jagbir Singh Cheema, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retired), an alumnus of National Defence Academy and Indian Military Academy has a distinguished career spanning more than 42 years during which he held critical command, staff and instructional appointment and acquired vast operational, administrative and management experience across the entire spectrum. The General Officer was commissioned into 10 SIKH Regiment in Jun 1979 and commanded the same Battalion on the Line of Control in J&K and the International Border in Punjab during the Kargil War. He commanded an Infantry Brigade on the LoC in High Altitude Area of Kashmir Valley, a Mountain Division in Central India and Corps in Punjab. The General Officer had attended all the prestigious professional courses of the Indian Army to include the Defence Services Staff College in a competitive capacity, Long Defence Management Course and the National Defence College Course. The General has published two thoroughly researched documents namely Proxy War in J&K “Turbulence to Stabilization” an analytical and
historical account of the ongoing proxy war in J&K & ` a Coffee Table Book on the 1965 India-Pakistan War. He has delivered
lectures on Internal Security Situation in J&K, Leadership & Management and DecisionMaking for War at prestigious Army Institutions, Universities and IIM. The General Officer retired as the Deputy Chief of the Army Staff in November 2017 where he was responsible for laying down a policy for training, automation and information systems of the Army. He was awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal for distinguished service by the Honorable President of India. He is presently pursuing Ph.D from Punjab University on „Deterrence and Decision Making for War in the Indian Context – an analytical Study.‟
5. The Event Highlights: Lt. General Jagbir Singh Cheema (Rtd.) delivered an expert lecture on “the case study of Interpersonal & Intrapersonal Conflicts”.105 MBA students attended the lecture. The speakers contribution was immeasurable. The name of the case study was “ITS YOUR BABY”. He discussed about the case related to conflicts between the three Army personnel: NK SHAITAN (SB), HAV DALER (DS)& NB SUB MAN (MS). HAV DALER (DS) & NB SUB MAN (MS) provoked NK SHAITAN SINGH, and then he murdered both of them. The case was discussed for poor discipline in the army camp. He taught that how conflicts produce anger and shared the tools for conflict resolution. He also discussed the difference between interpersonal & intrapersonal conflicts and causes of the samel. The speaker sharedinformed the students on the tactics to deal with the conflicts in the organization.
6. Learning Outcomes : The session was very interactive and useful for the MBA students. The students learnt the art of managing interpersonal and intrapersonal conflicts at work place. The expert presented very useful information through live case study based on the Army camp. The students gave positive feedback and believed that the lecturer added value to enhance their knowledge about managing conflicts in different situations.