MBA Department Industrial Visit to Micro Turners, Baddi On 6th August, 2019
1. Brief details of the Industry: MICRO TURNERS Group, founded in 1969 (started with name A K Automatics) is one of the largest integrated Automotive Component Manufacturers in India. It has 12 world class manufacturing facilities mainly in the North & West India.
2. Brief details of the event highlights: The MBA Department organized a one day industrial visit at Micro Turners, Baddi on 6th August, 2019. The main aim of this visit was to get familiar with working methods and practices of automotive components manufacturing. The students were familiarized with the process of machine and dispatch area. They witnessed the safety measures adapted by the workers.
The visit was followed by an interactive session by Mr. Daljeet Singh, HR Manager and Mr. Piyush Puri, Senior Engineer. They interacted with the students about the growth of their company; HR practices followed by the company and discussed other processes in detail.
3. Response of the audience/ learning for the students Apart from the know-how of technical aspects of industry working, the students also learned the functioning of organizational hierarchy and about the employees’ performance with the help of PMS (Performance Management System).
4. Faculty Coordinator : Ms. Seema Saini (Assistant Professor)
5. Number of participants: (54 students & 1 Faculty)