Workshop on Enhancing Career Opportunities by Innovation: How to do so in a crowded labour market?
November 10, 2020 76 Views
- Name: Dr. Jasvir Kaur Nachater Singh
- Designation : Lecturer
- Organization: Department of Management, La Trobe University, Australia
- Brief details of the event highlights CBSA organized the workshop on “Enhancing Career Opportunities by Innovation: How to do so in a crowded labor market?” where the eminent expert Dr. Jasvir Kaur Nachater Singh interacted with MBA students on career opportunities. Dr. Singh discussed the role of higher education in better employability and the employability skills required by the employers. She highlighted the response to the changing labor market demand, higher education institutes around the world have given the task to develop students with employability skills to be utilized by employers. Some of the initiatives include Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Program like Internships, service-learning, and industry-based projects. The speaker elucidated to the students about Tomlinson’s Capital Model.
- The response of the audience/ learning for the student The workshop was very interactive and informative for the MBA students. The students have cleared about the employability skills and aspects of critical thinking. They have also learned about how to approach future opportunities. The workshop was excellent and presented useful information. The students gave positive feedback, and they believe that session has added something to enhance their knowledge for career prospective after the post-graduation. The discussion was highly interactive inputs and insights shared.
- Faculty Coordinator : Ms. Seema Saini (Assistant Professor)
- Number of participants (620 students)