Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established ‘MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
IIC’s Advantages to Institute, Faculty and Students
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies.
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.
IIC Calendar 2020-2021
|IIC Activity- Q1
||Workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Innovation as Career Opportunity”
|6th November, 2020
||My Story – Motivational Session by Successful Entrepreneur/Start-up founder.
|11th November, 2020
||My Story – Motivational Session by Successful Innovators
|SELF Driven Activity-Q1
||2nd November, 2020
||Clash of Mind- Debate competition on IPR( Intellectual Property Must be Protected), Innovation (Does Indian Culture Bring Innovation) and Start-up( Is Indian Atmosphere Conducive for Start-up or not)
|2nd November, 2020
||Spell BEE Wizard
||IT Quiz on Innovation and IPR
|IIC Activity- Q2
||Session on identifying Intellectual Property component at the early stage of Innovation
||INNOVIZ- where innovation starts with you
||Session on Process of Innovation Development
||Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development Phases
|SELF Driven Activity-Q2
||Workshop on Innovation in digital marketing
||Motivational Talk by Successful Entrepreneurs
||Advert to Innovate : Give wings to your imagination
||Workshop on Python
|IIC Activity- Q3
||5th February, 2021
||Session on “How to plan for Start-up and legal & Ethical Steps”.
|13th February, 2021
||Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and IP management for start up.
|25th February, 2021
||Interactive Session/Mentoring Session with “Successful Start-up founders” (Entrepreneurs in Campus).
|01st May, 2021
||Business Plan/Prototype Competition to Invite Innovative Business Models from Students
|SELF -Driven Activity Q3
||12th February, 20211
||Session on “Role of intellectual property Rights in Strengthening Innovations.
|19th February, 20211
||Expert Talk on latest Cloud Technologies
||Session on Entrepreneurship
|MIC- Quarter 3
|| 11th to 19th Jan 2021
||Talk on “From your Ph.D./ Masters Thesis to a start-up
||Session on “ Why IP is important in academia? “
|IIC Activity/Quarter 4
||IIC Council Meeting- Review of Q3 progress and Planning of Q4
| 19th April, 2021
||Session on Accelerators/Incubation – Opportunities for Students & Faculties – Early Stage Entrepreneurs
|5th May, 2021
||Session on Building an Innovation/ product fit for market
|17th April, 2021
||Session on Prototype Validation – Converting Prototype into a Start-up
|SELF -Driven Activity Q4
||Webinar on Innovation in web development technology
||Session on TIPS & TRICK FOR FILING PATENT
|1st April, 2021
||Online Webinar on Implementation of National Education Policy (NEP)
|16th April, 2021
||Workshop on Android Mobile Applications
||Session on Indian Business Environment
|5th June, 2021
||Best out of waste
|05 July 21- 09July 21
||Faculty Development Program on “Innovative Trends in Teaching Learning Process and Research Methods in Accordance with Industry Requirements”
|26th July-30th July2021
||International E-Workshop on ” Insights of Qualitative and Qunatitative Research
CBSA IIC Cell Team