Faculty Development Programme
Date: January 2nd-4th 2019
Research Grants, Project Funding and Consultancy For Academic Institutes
1. Brief details of the event highlights: A three-day long Faculty Development program was organised by CGC Landran from 2 nd to 4th January, 2019. The Program was primarily premeditated to focus on Research Grants, Project funding and consultation for Academic Institutes.
The program started with the inauguration session on 2nd January, 2019 followed by the program overview presented by Dr. Vishal B. Soni, Director Principal, CBSA.
The series started with the 1st session by Dr. M.L. Singla, Professor, FMS, Delhi. The objective of the session was to apprise the audience on building Research and consulting based culture within the institute. Dr. Singla suggested four key pillars consisting of teaching, training, research and consulting for being successful as an academician. He spoke about inculcating the habit of reading and writing thus delivering the best to students through continuous knowledge enhancement.
The 2nd session on the same day was chaired by Dr. S.K. Dhameja, Dean Academics and International Affairs, NITTTR, Chandigarh. The Honorable speaker extensively detailed various funding agencies and schemes such as DST, NSTEDB for undertaking research and consulting projects.
The second day of the series was presided over by Dr. S. Rangnekar. Dr. Rangnekar conducted a workshop on effective ways of writing a project proposal and suggested the right steps to win consultancy projects. The expert supported the participants in crafting the layout of the project proposals in area of their expertise took them through a few live projects.
The concluding day started with an expert session on “Project overview and consultancy projects” by Dr Dipanjan Dey- Assistant Professor, IIT Ropar. Dr. Dey spoke about project funding experience along with detailing the importance and value add which these projects can bring in to individual as well as institutes profile. The speaker also threw light on the subject of getting ourselves equipped for successfully acquiring these projects.
The complete program was extremely engaging in the terms of encouraging the participants to focus on research and consultancy projects.
2. Audience: Faculty from Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Biotechnology and Hotel Management.
3. Faculty Coordinator Name Mobile & Email ID: Parinita Malhotra. 9872828977(email@example.com)
4. Number of participants (Faculty):54.
Learning Outcomes: Wide exposure on Research Grants, Project Funding and Consultancy for Academic Institutes
5. Expert Narration- Experts appreciated the enthusiasm among the participants towards Research. They were really impressed by the different ideologies and perspectives of the faculty participants who came up with lots of facts and figures to support their ideas. Experts valued faculty members active participation in the exercises and presentations held during the FDP. The last session of the day ended with a note that participants will soon start working on submission of research proposals and consultancy.
6. Vote of Thanks: Dr. Sunayna Khurana, HOD-MBA.